Why a Medical App is Prescribed to Help You Take Prescriptions Properly
Today, a serious problem that’s affecting healthcare is patients failing to take their prescription medication as directed. This “prescription contradiction” contributes to dangerous under treatment, preventable complications, and unnecessary fatalities. But with the popularity of smartphones and other mobile devices, doctors have started creating healthcare apps to remind patients when it’s take to time to take their prescriptions, as well as provide important information. And research has shown that using a mobile medical app can be both helpful and effective in helping patients take their prescriptions properly, as well as help in all of their medical decisions. Luckily, MD Now Urgent Care has developed the MD Now Mobile App to give patients round-the-clock access to vital medical information and to help them make the best choices regarding their health and healthcare.
The Causes of Prescription Problems
Unfortunately, many people taking prescription medications simply don’t follow their doctor’s directions. This happens for several reasons, such as:
- Choosing not to fill the prescription.
- Slowly decreasing their medication frequency or dosage to reduce the risk of side effects.
- To save money by making the prescription last longer.
- Deciding to discontinue or reduce their usage when symptoms improve or subside.
A Healthcare App is Just What the Doctor Ordered for Taking Prescriptions Correctly
MD Now Urgent Care has developed the MD Now Mobile App to make patients’ lives easier when they’re faced with urgent healthcare decisions. By downloading the new healthcare app from the Apple store, patients can enjoy a mobile experience that’s as fast, simple, convenient, and friendly as their personal experience at each and every MD Now location. This medical app from MD Now provides patients with the following features:
- 24/7 mobile access to all 26 MD Now Urgent Care locations throughout Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties.
- Fast and easy mobile access to MD Now clinic locations and information to help patients in need of urgent healthcare at any time and at any place.
- A time-saving “Check-in Now” feature that allows patients to virtually sign in at an MD Now location prior to their arrival to reserve their place in line and reduce any possible wait.
- Access to mobile bill payment information and tools.
MD Now is Your Source for the Highest-Quality Care
Discover the caring, convenient, and cost-efficient treatment that can always be found at MD Now. All of our locations operate on a walk-in, no-appointment basis with hours to conveniently suit your schedule. With 26 locations throughout Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties, quality care is always within your reach. For the Florida locations nearest you, visit https://www.mymdnow.com/locations.
To learn more about our urgent care centers, visit www.MDNow.com.
MD Now® Urgent Care Walk-In Medical Centers is the leading provider of fast and affordable urgent care to adults and children in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties. Our state-of-the-art, walk-in medical centers are open seven days a week to deliver an affordable and convenient alternative to long emergency room wait times and the limited hours of family physicians. No appointment is necessary and major insurance plans are accepted. In addition to providing a comprehensive range of urgent care services to treat a variety of illnesses and injuries, our multiple locations offer digital x-rays, EKG, lab testing, physicals, immunizations, vaccines, occupational medicine, travel medicine and selected primary care services. Find the medical care you need with the convenience you want at MD Now. Online: www.MDNow.com.