Spring Into Action for Seasonal Allergy Relief
Spring brings warmer weather and colorful flowers, along with the sneezing, runny nose, and itchy eyes of severe seasonal allergies. Around 50 million people in the United States suffer from allergies every year. But these allergies are more than a seasonal nuisance and are actually the sixth leading cause of chronic illness. In some parts of the country, springtime allergies begin as early as February and leave sufferers sneezing throughout the long, hot summer months.
Since Florida’s foliage is practically always in bloom, our allergy season lasts longer than in other parts of the county. At MD Now Urgent Care, we know how miserable how it can be to experience springtime allergies. But sufferers don’t need to miss out on summer fun to avoid the allergy-causing pollen in the air. By understanding the signs of springtime allergies and knowing how to handle them with seasonal allergies medication, your family can breathe easy.
Signs of Spring Bring Seasonal Allergies Symptoms
The medical term for springtime allergies is seasonal allergic rhinitis, but it’s commonly known as hay fever. This condition is triggered by tiny particles of pollen in the air. Pollen is released in the air by grass, weeds, and trees when they fertilize other plants. This occurs more frequently during the warmth of spring after the cooler winter months. Once this pollen gets into the nose of a person with allergies, they suffer these symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis:
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Itchy eyes, nose, and throat
- Tearing eyes
- Sinus pressure and pain
How to Thumb Your Nose at Springtime Allergies
Use these helpful hints to get seasonal allergy relief:
- Control your exposure to pollen: Reduce your pollen exposure by wearing a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses whenever you go outside. In addition, avoid being outside during the early afternoon when pollen levels tend to be higher. And always keep your windows at home closed.
- Freshen up your home: Spring cleaning does more than refresh your home. It also removes any allergy triggers residing in your house. Simply spend a day giving your house a thorough cleaning to reduce your risk of allergies.
- Maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine: Allergies affect your immune system, so strengthening your immune system by practicing healthy habits can make you more resistant to seasonal allergies symptoms.
- Talk to a doctor: If you have allergies, you don’t need to suffer in silence throughout allergy season. A doctor can provide you with various types of seasonal allergy relief with. Rather than wait for an appointment with your primary care physician, come in to your nearest MD Now location. One of our medical experts can help you manage your symptoms and provide you with effective seasonal allergies treatments.
MD Now Is Your Source for the Highest-Quality Care
Discover the caring, convenient, and cost-efficient treatment that can always be found at MD Now. All of our locations operate on a walk-in, no-appointment basis with hours to conveniently suit your schedule. With 31 locations throughout Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties, quality care is always within your reach. For the Florida locations nearest you, visit https://www.mymdnow.com/locations.
To learn more about our urgent care centers, call 888-MDNow-911 or visit www.MDNow.com.
MD Now® Urgent Care Walk-In Medical Centers is the leading provider of fast and affordable urgent care to adults and children in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties. Our state-of-the-art, walk-in medical centers are open seven days a week to deliver an affordable and convenient alternative to long emergency room wait times and the limited hours of family physicians. No appointment is necessary and major insurance plans are accepted. In addition to providing a comprehensive range of urgent care services to treat a variety of illnesses and injuries, our multiple locations offer digital x-rays, EKG, lab testing, physicals, immunizations, vaccines, occupational medicine, travel medicine and selected primary care services. Find the medical care you need with the convenience you want at MD Now. Call: 888-MDNow-911, online: www.MDNow.com.