Are You Worried Sick About Catching The Flu? Let MD Now Urgent Care Protect You with a Flu Shot.
It’s that time of year again: flu season. But now you can give the sneezing, aching, coughing, and congestion the cold shoulder by simply getting a flu shot. Since flu season starts in October/November, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) advise getting a flu shot right away to ensure that you’re protected from the start of the season. Luckily, MD Now Urgent Care is offering both seasonal flu shots, as well as high-dose flu shots recommended for those 65 and older.
Experts say you shouldn’t wait to get a flu shot, which are more affordable than ever at MD Now—only $20 for a regular “seasonal” flu shot with this coupon, while supplies last. No appointment is necessary and walk-ins are always welcome at all MD Now Urgent Care locations throughout Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties. MD Now Urgent Care is open convenient hours to work around your busy schedule.
A Healthy Dose of Information on the Flu Vaccine
- The flu vaccine protects you against the top three or four flu viruses that are most likely to cause illness during the flu season.
- The flu vaccine is completely safe and has been given to hundreds of millions of people for more than 50 years. It has earned an excellent safety record, largely due to the CDC working closely with medical experts to ensure the highest safety standards.
- The CDC recommends that everyone over six months of age get a yearly flu shot because it provides the best protection against the flu.
- The flu shot is especially important for people at high risk for serious complications from the flu. These include children younger than age five, adults age 65 and over, pregnant women, and individuals with pre-existing medical conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, and asthma.
- The CDC emphasizes the importance of getting flu shots every year because the vaccine diminishes over time, as well as because the vaccine may change from year to year to protect against different strains.
- Some individuals should not get a flu shot. These include children younger than six months old, people with allergies to the flu vaccine or its ingredients, individuals who have had Guillain-Barré Syndrome, people with allergies to eggs, or anyone not feeling well. Consult your doctor if you have any personal concerns about the flu shot.
Why the Flu Shot is Your Best Shot for Avoiding the Flu
Since it takes about two weeks for the vaccine to get into your system and provide the protection you need to fight the flu, it’s best to get a flu shot as early as possible to ensure that you have the protection when you need it, right when you need it. That’s why doctors recommend getting vaccinated by October to make sure that you’re protected at the start of the season.
More You Can Do to Fight the Flu
Flu shots are your best protection against catching the flu. But in addition to getting vaccinated, here are some other healthy steps to take:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water to prevent the spread of germs.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when sneezing to avoid spreading germs.
- Clean and disinfect any surfaces or objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick to avoid spreading the illness to others.
Let MD Now Urgent Care treat you to the convenient, caring, and affordable treatment you deserve. All of our locations are open seven days a week, 365 days a year, and operate on a walk-in, no-appointment basis to conveniently suit your schedule. With locations throughout Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties, quality care is always in reach. For the Florida locations nearest you, visit https://www.mymdnow.com/locations.
To learn more about our urgent care centers, call 888-MDNow-911 or visit www.MDNow.com.
MD Now® Urgent Care Walk-In Medical Centers is the leading provider of fast and affordable urgent care to adults and children in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties. Our state-of-the-art, walk-in medical centers are open seven days a week to deliver an affordable and convenient alternative to long emergency room wait times and the limited hours of family physicians. No appointment is necessary and major insurance plans are accepted. In addition to providing a comprehensive range of urgent care services to treat a variety of illnesses and injuries, our multiple locations offer digital x-rays, EKG, lab testing, physicals, immunizations, vaccines, occupational medicine, travel medicine and selected primary care services. Find the medical care you need with the convenience you want at MD Now. Call: 888-MDNow-911, online: www.MDNow.com.