6 Tips on How to Avoid Back Pain
Has back pain become a monkey on your back? Many people suffer from the strain and pain of backaches and don’t know how to handle them. However, here are some smart and simple steps on how to avoid back pain to begin with, from changing daily activities to knowing which exercises to avoid with lower back pain problems, try these quick tips to get back to a life without back pain. But if these changes don’t ease your backaches or you badly strain your back, visit your nearest MD Now and let our medical team get you back on your feet.
- Don’t Lose Sleep Over Your Bed: The physician advised to stop tossing and turning at night and getting rid of sagging mattress if you have one.
- Update How You Lie Down: If you watch TV or read while lying in bed, you may be straining your neck muscles, which can lead to pain in your shoulders and back.
- Sitting Still Won’t Sit Well with Your Back: When it comes to how to avoid back pain, experts say to think about how you sit. Remaining in one position for too long can put stress on your back. That’s why you should frequently change positions and avoid sitting still for a while.
- Hold Household Items within Reach: Many people strain their backs by grasping for hard-to-reach household items. To avoid stretching and bending, keep items you use often within easy reach.
- Lighten Up on Heavy Lifting: Experts warn that there are certain exercises to avoid with lower back pain problems. One of these is lifting heavy objects. If you must lift something heavy, be sure to bend with your knees and hips, keeping objects close to the body.
- Weigh the Impact of Your Weight: The heavier you are, the more weight your back must support. If you’re overweight, try to get back to a healthier weight to reduce the pain and strain to your back.
Trust That MD Now Always Has Your Back With The Highest-Quality Care
Treat your family to caring, convenient, and cost-efficient treatment that awaits you at MD Now. All of our locations operate on a walk-in, no-appointment basis with hours to conveniently suit your schedule. With 22 locations throughout Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties, quality care is always within your reach. For the Florida locations nearest you, visit https://www.mymdnow.com/locations.
To learn more about our urgent care centers, visit www.MDNow.com.
MD Now® Urgent Care Walk-In Medical Centers is the leading provider of fast and affordable urgent care to adults and children in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties. Our state-of-the-art, walk-in medical centers are open seven days a week to deliver an affordable and convenient alternative to long emergency room wait times and the limited hours of family physicians. No appointment is necessary and major insurance plans are accepted. In addition to providing a comprehensive range of urgent care services to treat a variety of illnesses and injuries, our multiple locations offer digital x-rays, EKG, lab testing, physicals, immunizations, vaccines, occupational medicine, travel medicine and selected primary care services. Find the medical care you need with the convenience you want at MD Now. Online: www.MDNow.com.