Your Health and Safety Matter to Us.
Rest assured, we’re doing everything possible to keep you safe during your visit to an MD Now clinic. To protect you against the risk of COVID-19, we’re going beyond CDC and Florida Department of Health guidelines which include instituting a number of additional safety precautions.
Additional steps to protect our patients and staff include:
- Staggering appointments for COVID-19 testing
- Requiring staff to wear masks and use protective equipment when appropriate
- Following CDC and DOH guidelines to limit the spread of the virus
- Referring any patient with a respiratory illness to one of our designated COVID testing clinics, or to our virtual telehealth service
- Designating COVID-19 testing clinics to perform diagnostic COVID-19 testing
- Asking all patients to wear masks
- Encouraging social distancing by asking patients to wait in their cars after check-in
- Designated areas inside clinic for patients with respiratory illness
- No sharing of equipment such as computers and phones
- Temperature checks for all employees before starting work
- No outside family members unless designated caregivers or medically necessary in patient room
- Telemedicine option for sick patients
- No high risk procedures like nebulizer treatments
We hope you will continue to practice appropriate safety precautions both inside and outside our clinics. As a reminder, the CDC recommends:
- Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds, or with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, even inside your home.
- Keep at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
Fresenius Kabi USA Announcement
Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC is voluntarily recalling 13 lots of Ketorolac Tromethamine Injection, USP, 30 mg/mL, 1 mL fill in a 2 mL amber vial and Ketorolac Tromethamine Injection, USP, 60 mg/2 mL (30 mg/mL), 2 mL fill in a 2 mL amber vial distributed nationwide between May 5, 2018 and December 16, 2019 due to the presence of particulate matter composed of the following elements: carbon, silicon, oxygen and polyamides. Particulate matter was found in 8 reserve sample vials.
Administration of products containing particulate matter could obstruct blood vessels and result in local irritation of blood vessels, swelling at the site of injection, a mass of tissue that could become inflamed and infected, blood clots traveling to the lung, scarring of the lung tissues, and allergic reactions that could lead to life-threatening consequences.
Ketorolac Tromethamine, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, is indicated for the short-term (up to 5 days in adults) management of moderately severe acute pain that requires analgesia at the opioid level. The total combined duration of use of oral Ketorolac Tromethamine and Ketorolac Tromethamine injection should not exceed 5 days.
Patients with questions regarding this recall may contact Fresenius Kabi at 1-866-716-2459 or 1-800-551-7176 Monday through Friday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time) or via email at productcomplaint.USA@fresenius-kabi.com or adverse.events.USA@fresenius-kabi.com. In addition, patients can report any adverse reactions experienced with the use of this drug to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, mail or fax.
This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
About Fresenius Kabi
Fresenius Kabi (www.fresenius-kabi.com/us) is a global health care company that specializes in medicines and technologies for infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition. The company’s products and services are used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients. The company’s U.S. headquarters is in Lake Zurich, Illinois. The company’s global headquarters is in Bad Homburg, Germany. For more information about Fresenius Kabi worldwide, please visit www.fresenius-kabi.com.