Staff Accountant – West Palm Beach, FL 2133794
Back to All Jobs
Why You’ll Love This Job
MD Now Urgent Care is looking for a staff accountant (with a cash focus) who will take ownership of all cash related activities including general ledger entries, reconciliation of cash accounts for clinics, and assists in other areas like accounts receivables and accounts payable. Position will also involve reporting costs, productivity, margins and expenditures for the organization. Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and MD Now practices, the Staff Accountant will ensure the integrity of all MD Now Financials. This is a hands-on position.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Solid analytical skills with ability to analyze and reconcile accounting processes
- Proven track record of improving processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Process-focused with proven ability to eliminate non-value add activity and drive productivity
- Ability to partner cross-functionally and build strong relationships both within and outside of finance teams
- Hands-on approach to learn existing processes end-to-end in order to identify improvement areas and backfill activities when necessary
- Effectively organize and prioritize activities to ensure all timelines are met
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure of rapidly growing business
Education & Experience
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience including posting journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and managing a closing checklist
- Strong proficiency in excel is required
- Experience working in NetSuite or similar general ledger software is required
- Experience in accounting for fixed assets, prepaids, and detailed cost accounting is highly desirable
- Balances daily cash activity and clinic reconciliations.
- Prepares balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate balances with adequate independent backup
- Processes weekly payment runs.
- Maintains and balances a consolidation system by inputting data and verifying data.
- Analyzes expense information to ensure proper coding and accurate financial reporting
- Reconciles expenses by preparing accruals and ensuring accurate account assignments and department assignments
- Develops, implements, and improves accounting procedures
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Review financial statements for accuracy and legal compliance
- Maintain files, journal entries, and records in consistent, organized fashion
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Ad Hoc tasks as assigned
Please acknowledge that this is not an appointment.
Online check-ins are a great way to let us know you are on your way. We will do our best to see you at your check in time, but patients with more emergent needs will require immediate treatment.