Regional Medical Director – West Palm Beach, FL 2013226
Back to All Jobs
Why You’ll Love This Job
MD Now Urgent Care, Florida’s largest urgent care group, is looking for a Regional Medical Director to guide and engage MD Now’s physicians, advanced practitioners, and clinical staff to champion our commitment to “Superior Care” through efforts to improve quality and patient outcomes, foster clinical effectiveness, and advance our culture of winning as a team. This position will also integrate and align care across our urgent care system to help fulfill the varied requirements of payers and wield influence throughout our service lines, and will serve as a clinical voice for clinical strategy and program development decisions in support of MD Now’s vision, mission, values and strategic priorities. This position will oversee approximately thirty plus urgent cares in the MD Now urgent care network and work hand in hand with the Regional Operations Director.
Regional Medical Director Responsibilities
The Regional Medical Director role shall report to MD Now Urgent Care’s Chief Medical Official and render the following services:
- Provide team leadership to Providers and support Regional Operations Director with Clinic staff for each assigned clinic within area.
- Serve as the Business and Clinical Liaison for Providers and Clinic staff within the region to deploy MD Now’s clinic model, services offered, and patient care delivered for each assigned clinic within area.
- Partner with the Chief Medical Officer and Compliance, Quality & Risk Management Department to oversee the implementation of key Quality Improvement Program initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with all standards, including, but not limited to the recordkeeping, clinical care best practices, and adverse incident reporting requirements of chapter 456, the respective practice acts, and rules adopted under chapter 400 and part II of chapter 408 for each assigned clinic within area.
- Proactively inform MD Now Leadership of Compliance risks and high-profile patient management cases
- Provide oversight to ensure all Providers and Clinical staff at each assigned clinic within area have active, appropriate certification or licensure for the practitioner type and level of patient care rendered.
- Partner with the Regional Operations Director to refine Clinic Operations in the region over time to drive continuous improvement and scale operations, including – increased Provider retention, improved cost savings, increased efficiencies, a higher level of patient care, etc.
- Collaborate with MD Now’s other Regional Medical and Operations Director(s) to maintain consistency and share ideas across MD Now’s regions
- Actively participate-in and work toward improvement of key metrics, namely: Provider and Clinic NPS scores, Employee Turnover for Providers and Clinical Staff, Patient Visit Times (check-in, triage, provider time, discharge)
- Partner with the Regional Operations Director to report on the – planned initiatives, identified opportunities for improvement, and overall performance vs. expectation to MD Now Leadership
- Partner with regional recruiting support in the development of strategies to attract talent and manage the pipeline for Provider and Clinic Management roles
- Lead the interview and selection process for Providers and partner with the Regional Operations Director for interview and selection of Clinic Management roles
- Lead the development and implementation of training materials for Providers and Clinic Management – work with the Regional Operations Director to deploy
- Work closely with Human Resources and be present during sessions/disciplinary actions involving Providers for each assigned clinic within area.
- Medical degree and completion of a ACGME accredited residency training program
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in senior leadership in healthcare required
- Experience in providing clinical based services
- Knowledge and experience in UCA, ACHA, CMS/MIPS, etc.
- Standards Knowledge of insurance and managed care expertise
License and/or Certification
- Recognized as a Licensed Physician by the State of Florida
- Strong ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle highly confidential information with professionalism
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team setting
- Must have excellent supervisory skills, and exceptional soft skills, such as relationship-building, communications, listening, negotiation and diplomacy
- Must have strong interpersonal communication, problem solving, and teambuilding skills
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent organizational skills and be flexible
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively via phone or in person
- Ability to conceptualize from a systems perspective
- Must demonstrate clinical competencies essential to effective job performance
- Actively participates in performance management and coaching
- Demonstrates respect for patient confidentiality practices
- Must possess the ability to learn and/or operate relevant computer operating system environments, and the ability to operate a variety of office equipment (fax machine, copier, scanner, computer, telephone system, etc.)
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Show appreciation for and ability to respond to cultural differences, and adjust communication practices accordingly in order to minimize cross-cultural misunderstandings
- Consistent work attendance and compliance with scheduled work hours (excludes approved FMLA absences)
- Responsible for complying with MD Now’s Corporate Compliance Program as it applies to individual job duties, the department, and the company
- Must comply with all MD Now’s policies and procedures
- Exercise due diligence to prevent, detect, and report unlawful and/or unethical conduct by fellow co-workers, professional affiliates and/or agents
- Must possess/maintain a valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance and a driving record that meets the guidelines and requirements of the organization
- Must have reliable transportation to oversee programming and/or attend trainings and/or meetings
- Display a positive work ethic
Please acknowledge that this is not an appointment.
Online check-ins are a great way to let us know you are on your way. We will do our best to see you at your check in time, but patients with more emergent needs will require immediate treatment.