Why You’ll Love This Job
MD Now Urgent Care, Florida’s largest urgent care group, is looking for a Regional Operations Director to lead and oversee all aspects of clinic operations within a defined geography. If you enjoy motivating and optimizing people & processes while striving for operational success, then this may be the role for you!
This role will work under the direct supervision of the Associate Vice President of Operations. The Regional Operations Director is responsible for leading, organizing and executing clinic operations to provide leadership for the Area Managers, developing clinic talent, delivering quality patient care and budgeted financial results. This position focuses on all aspects of operations including employee development, clinic staffing, clinical processes and costs, patient flow, and promoting the values and mission statement of MD Now.
Regional Operations Director Responsibilities
- Oversees and leads compliance with facilities procedures, regulatory, federal quality, and corporate compliance.
- Conducts quarterly inspections of the clinics, as designated by the Executive Team to understand strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to optimize going forward.
- Responsible for regional operational and financial metrics including budget targets, reports, and actions for continuous improvement activities.
- Oversees the launching of new clinics and ensures that staff is trained accordingly.
- Evaluates Area manager’s performance by reviewing completed work assignments and follows up with HR and the Executive team to ensure they are qualified and have the necessary skills.
- Identifies clinic and Area Manager development and training needs and ensures training is obtained.
- Assesses the strength of their area management team throughout the region and advises the Executive team and HR of any manager that should be monitored for career advancement within the organization.
- Communicates with coworkers, patients, business partners and the community in general with the number one priority of providing excellent customer service to all.
- Assists in responding to patient’s complaints and ensures all clinic staff are trained to be friendly, helpful, and proficient in their knowledge of operations.
- Supports the Compliance area with monitoring Facility Incident Reports, and responds in a proactive manner, communicating outcomes to the Senior Director of Operations and Executive team.
Key Management Tasks completed with Area Managers in the field:
- Regularly analyzes operational volume and labor staffing models to determine optimal staffing requirements.
- Monitors clinic flow metrics and provides direction and guidance to ensure performance is at optimal levels.
- Performs consistent clinic walk-throughs with Area Managers/Clinic Management to ensure cleanliness of the facilities and grounds, proper inventory levels, and ensures employees and other licenses are currently in compliance.
- Ensures and reviews clinic schedules are complete and submitted on time accordingly to the appropriate labor staffing model.
- Adjusts staffing on-the-fly according to the demands of the operation. Supports managers with supplementing additional staff or sending home unnecessary staff, as needed.
- Monitors clinic time and attendance records for compliance.
- Under the general direction of HR, supervises and supports Area and Clinic Management with employee relations and discipline sessions including write ups and terminations.
- Researches and recommends new business opportunities to management.
- Oversees clinic’s patient medical record entry, documentation and reporting of all registrations, treatment, discharge information and nightly reports.
- Assists and covers other departments, when necessary, to maintain high productivity and efficiency.
- Acts as a team player. Uses oral and written communication with employees at all levels of the business for support and sharing of information.
- Demonstrates ability to function effectively as a part of a team.
- Accepts constructive criticism well in an open and non-defensive manner.
- Seeks to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Certification from an accredited clinical-based program (e.g., certified medical assistant, radiologic technologist, basic x-ray machine operator, or paramedic) is required
- A comparable amount of education and experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- At least five (5) years of experience in urgent care, ER, Ambulatory Surgery, Hospital Unit Secretary, or similar rapid pace environment is desirable.
- At least two (2) years of supervisory and/or managerial experience is required
- Basic knowledge of government healthcare regulatory requirements.
- Computer Literate: Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Health Care Services or at least 5 years of management experience in a health environment is highly desirable.
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business management, or related field
- Knowledge of medical insurance and billing process is highly desirable.
- Prior experience with eClinicalWorks electronic medical records (EMR) system
License and/or Certifications:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Current BLS/CPR certification