Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you a Florida licensed Radiologic Technologist (RT), looking for a chance to add new skill sets to your healthcare career? MD Now Urgent Care is seeking someone with your medical knowledge and expertise to join us as a Certified Radiologic Technologist position for our Manatee County area clinics! Now serving patients in West Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch.
As a part-time Radiologic Technologist with MD Now, the largest urgent care group in Florida, you will have access to the latest in cutting-edge technology as you collaborate with other top-rated professionals to deliver quality care to the surrounding community. Watch your healthcare career take off, and standing within the healthcare sector quickly advance, as you provide much-needed services to grateful patients. Your dedication to your work will be recognized and appreciated by all, and you will end each day knowing you made a positive difference.
Take the challenge to enhance your healthcare career! Apply today for MD Now’s part-time Certified Radiologic Technologist job opening.
Certified X-Ray Technologist Responsibilities
- Triage all urgent care patients and obtain complete medical histories and vital signs.
- Utilize ionizing radiation to obtain optimal diagnostic images for interpretation while following ALARA guidelines.
- Perform all on-site lab testing to include flu, strep, urinalysis, urine drug screening.
- Perform medication administration, venipuncture, and IVs.
- This position must be comfortable and knowledgeable with medical terminology and able to input patient medical information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- Assist practitioners with patient examinations and procedures.
- Answer patient, physician offices and pharmacy phone calls; perform daily patent follow up calls.
- Various other responsibilities will be required as needed to support patient care.
- This position must be a team player and able to multitask efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Certified X-Ray Technologist Qualifications
- Current Florida Radiologic Technologist (RT) license
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant, EMT, paramedic program and/or x-ray-based training program
- Knowledge of x-ray techniques and proper patient positioning during exams
- Must be willing to travel/float between all MD Now regional facilities
- CPR preferred; BAT and DOT Collector certification a plus
- Medical Assistant Certification or equivalent preferred
- One year of previous Radiologic Technologist or Medical Assistant experience in Urgent Care setting preferred.
- Must be computer literate; eClinical Works knowledge preferred.
- Must be available a minimum of 4 days per month, 2 of which must be weekend days.
Your Safety is Our Priority
At MD Now Urgent Care, employee safety during the pandemic is a top priority. In addition to our standard infection control protocols, we are:
- Limiting waiting room access
- Enforcing the use of masks
- Performing continuous sanitization of clinics
- Providing staff with PPE