Why You’ll Love This Job
At MD Now we provide high quality, evidenced-based, and patient-focused urgent care in our convenient, state-of-the-art clinics. As a part-time Physician with MD Now, you will not only be part of our team but part of the largest urgent care system in Florida with over 55 clinics statewide, offering a uniform set of urgent care services to our patients. You will be supported by multiple resources including our online provider scheduling tool, our electronic medical record (eCW), our cloud based digital x-ray system Ambra, access to our online clinical resources UpToDate and Micromedex, and real time consultation back up through our medical director and regional medical director system.
Enjoy not only all the recreational and entertainment activities Florida has to offer, but the ability to practice in a state income tax free setting as you become an integral part of one of the many communities we serve.
Provider / Physician Responsibilities
- Responsible for working together with MD Now staff to ensure quality-oriented and cost-effective clinical standards are maintained in the clinic.
- Provides appropriate, efficient and effective clinical medical care required for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of human disease and injury.
- Assess, diagnoses and treats patients for a wide range of conditions, from sinus and respiratory infections to wounds and broken bones.
- Orders or administers tests, x-rays, electrocardiogram and other diagnostic procedures, accordingly to the nature of the patient’s illness or urgent needs.
- Analyzes reports and findings of test and examinations, and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Will actively participate in the enhancement of patient satisfaction advising them on how to improve their health condition and encouraging them for a follow up visit.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality and impartiality and is responsible for maintaining and respecting the confidentiality of patients adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations at all times. Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential patient issues and situations.
- Supports the vision and philosophy of MD Now by compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Provider / Physician Qualifications
- Doctoral Degree (M. D., Doctor of Medicine and D.O., Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine).
- Must have completed no less than two years of residency in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Emergency Medicine, or others depending on experience.
- Experience in Urgent Care, Primary care or Emergency Medicine is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements applicable to their role is necessary.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, eClinical Works or other Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system, and the internet.
- Current Florida State License
- Current BLS, CPR, ALS Required.
- Board-certified or board eligible by the American Board of Family Medicine, the American Board of Internal Medicine or the American Board of Emergency Medicine is desirable.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Certification is highly desirable or willing to obtain it upon hired.
Your Safety is Our Priority
At MD Now Urgent Care, employee safety during the pandemic is a top priority. In addition to our standard infection control protocols, we are:
- Limiting waiting room access
- Enforcing the use of masks
- Performing continuous sanitization of clinics
- Providing staff with PPE