Why You’ll Love This Job
If your glass is always half full, then you’re a great fit for our Medical Receptionist position at MD Now. We’re looking for friendly, kind, and positive-energy candidates to fill one of the most important positions we have available at MD Now: greeting our patients and ensuring their first impression and encounter with MD Now is a positive and happy one.
We’re currently hiring for our central and southern Broward County area clinics, which serve patients in Downtown Ft. Lauderdale, North Ft. Lauderdale, Dania Beach, and Hollywood.
While you’re making sure our patients feel welcome and have a great MD Now experience, we’ll help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to experience professional and personal growth. As a Medical Receptionist with MD Now, you’ll have access to ongoing educational opportunities as well as the latest technology to help streamline your job, not to mention being a part of a fun and knowledgeable team.
Apply for MD Now’s Medical Receptionist job opening today to get on the path to career success!
Medical Receptionist Responsibilities
- Greet patients; notify appropriate personnel of patient arrival; obtain consent forms
- Obtain accurate patient information, including insurance, patient demographics, etc. for entry into the EMR (electronic medical record) system
- Scan charts and all forms including demographic and HIPAA acknowledgment
- Schedule appointments; collect/post payments; provide patient receipts as required
- Participate in educational training and orientation to maintain and advance competency
- Help mentor new employees during their training period
Medical Receptionist Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be computer literate; Microsoft Office and eClinicalWorks knowledge helpful
- Must be willing to travel/float between all MD Now locations within assigned Area
- Experience working in a customer service environment and/or medical office setting a plus
- Multi-line switchboard experience and medical insurance/billing process knowledge a plus
Your Safety is Our Priority
At MD Now Urgent Care, employee safety during the pandemic is a top priority. In addition to our standard infection control protocols, we are:
- Limiting waiting room access
- Enforcing the use of masks
- Performing continuous sanitization of clinics
- Providing staff with PPE