Reporting to the Vice President of Information Technology, manages a team of Desktop Support technicians, Network Operations/Implementations and System Center Configuration Manager Administrators responsible for delivering expert, efficient and customer focus services.
Due to the high volume of tickets/requests a manager is required for this area to ensure direction is provided and service levels are being met.
- Ensuring IT assets for all facilities are operational
- Resolving any issues in a timely manner in accordance with SLAs
- Ensuring team uses service desk/trouble ticketing system effectively
– Provide leadership for three teams
- Desktop Support
- Network Operations/Implementations
- System Center Configuration Manager Administration
– Areas of oversight include:
o PC Deployment
o Hardware troubleshooting
o Hardware standardization
o Purchasing/Inventory Control
o Network Infrastructure Management
o Clinic Infrastructure Standardization and Management (add/change/divest)
o Software Upgrades/deployments/Release Management
o Patch Management/Encryption, Antivirus
– Provide day-to-day operational and technical management. Oversee scheduling, prioritization and timely completion of service calls, work orders and projects. Monitor performance.
– Conduct annual staff performance development reviews and ongoing performance development activities to ensure all staff are technically proficient, efficient, and excel in customer service.
– Proactively coordinate with managers and manage to service level requirements; track metrics to performance and continuously improve performance. Ensure staff is compliant with reporting requirements and standard operating procedures.
– Install, configure, and maintain operating systems, networking, device drivers, security patches, database connectors, web services, and printing services following institutional standards and best practices.
– Provide problem diagnosis and resolution for a variety of hardware and software-related issues. Coordinate and escalate support issues with other units.
Qualified candidates must have 7-10 years of relevant work experience as well as 3-7 years of management experience.
Other preferred/required experience:
- Professional certifications such as Microsoft certification(s) highly desirable.
- Healthcare experience.
College graduate preferred.
- Organization – proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources.
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely.
- Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and project management software, such as Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Workbench, and CA Clarity.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
This is an on site (not work at home) position.
Salary: $100000 – $130000 / year depending on experience.