The Financial Analyst provides operational and financial analysis to the unit leaders and senior leadership of MD Now. The Financial Analyst generates and delivers variance analysis, reports key financial statistics and assists business unit leaders in managing information effectively to optimize departmental efficiency and performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: compiling and analyzing statistical data specific to clinic operations and staffing; identifying trends, formulating conclusions; preparing complete and accurate financial, operational and statistical reports per deadlines; managing multiple on-going projects and preparing presentations of findings and recommendations; preparing productivity studies; and utilization trending.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Determining and devising data collection, data interpretation, and analytical methodology to use for analysis purposes.
- Utilizing statistical, economic, and financial principles and techniques to prepare reports.
- Evaluating operational techniques, budgets, programs, and practices to ensure maximum economic operation.
- Interpreting data concerning financial trends and economic and business forecasts.
- Preparing weekly and monthly operations review packages.
- Monitoring and reporting historical trends.
- Participate in development and detailed review of operation budgets and performance benchmarks.
- Creates and supports exception-based report generation
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality to ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES – This position requires the following minimal requirements:
- Knowledge of research techniques to analyze and evaluate financial data and information.
- Skills in examining documents and quantitative metrics for correctness and accuracy.
- Ability to apply business intelligence strategies to convert business cases into solutions.
- Ability to prepare statistical and narrative reports.
- Ability to operate a computer and use Excel and other tools such as PowerBI or Access
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work on special projects.
- Ability to organize work independently and consistently achieve reporting deadlines.
- Ability to interact with other individuals at all levels of management.
EDUCATION – Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field is required. Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
EXPERIENCE – Minimum of three years of similar type work in healthcare industry is preferred.
Pay range: $70,000 – $90,000 per year