Why You’ll Love This Job
MD Now Urgent Care, Florida’s largest urgent care group, is looking for a Director of IT Infrastructure to oversee the design and implementation of information systems that support the operations of the organization using enterprise architecture frameworks while managing the maintenance of the organization’s computing/IT environment including but not limited to the planning, implementation and maintenance of Servers and Network Infrastructure. This
support structure focuses on managing processes from initiation, to evaluation, to service delivery and finally follow-up, as to ensure a WOW Experience for all MD Now associates.
Under the general supervision of the Vice President of IT, the Director of IT Infrastructure has the primary responsibility for determining all current and future IT infrastructure needs. This position is responsible to ensure overall server, desktop workstation and application health across all platforms including Windows, MAC and Linux using a combination of organic and third-party contractors as approved by the Vice President of IT. The Director of IT Infrastructure is responsible for developing and maintaining a tiered support structure to provide internal support to MD Now providers, staff and contractors with various IT related issues.
Director of IT Infrastructure Responsibilities
- Provide coverage and support for Windows Server operations and Information Technology Department projects as directed.
- Provide technical support for server-based applications as relates to interoperability and performance.
- Monitor and maintain all servers including virtualization host clusters, virtual servers hosted on-premise or cloud-based, application servers, file and print servers.
- Maintain Active Directory Domains and Domain Trees for all Organizational Units (OUs) including all devices, users accounts and policies.
- Design, Deploy and/or maintain Active Directory Federation Services / Single Sign-On across all enterprise applications.
- Manage and Maintain Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise tenant.
- Coordinate and collaborate with third-party vendors for support in the areas of hardware maintenance, OS health or support, Application support or Active Directory application as needed or appropriate.
- Regularly analyze log files and investigate and correct recorded errors that are discovered.
- Monitor and maintain server and data backup processes.
- Work with systems for endpoint device management including software distribution, patch management, virus protection and imaging.
- Create and maintain documentation of design, features, technical specifications, and infrastructure requirements for existing and self-produced technical work and job processes.
- Ensure that helpdesk tickets are managed promptly including assignments, escalation and closings.
- Ensure regularly scheduled technical tasks are accomplished on time.
- Monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards.
- Research, recommend, and apply new technologies as they emerge.
- May be required to travel between sites.
- May be required to attend off-site training and industry conferences.
- Open and track support tickets with third-party vendors as required.
- Maintain and update an internal IT Trouble Ticket database, IT Knowledge-base and Project Tracking software as required.
- Monitor and maintain IT assets within the MD Now organization using appropriate monitoring tools.
- Supervise installation of hardware and/or software as required.
- Monitor and maintain all telephony assets including but not limited to Internet Service lines and equipment, Voice over IP (VoIP) services and equipment, carrier-based telephone services and facsimile equipment and services.
- Manage all IT Related On-Boarding and Off-Boarding tasks and functions in a timely manner.
- Manage / oversee all aspects of corporate security including Access Control systems, user authentication and role assignments, and email security.
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested no less than quarterly.
- Participate in professional development and lifelong learning endeavors.
- Team Duties and Expectations:
- Regularly use professional oral and written communication with Vendors, Partners and MD Now employees at all levels of the business for support and sharing of information.
- Demonstrate ability to function effectively as a part of a team dynamic.
- Participate in training and group project activities and provide guidance and training to other technicians where appropriate.
- Incidental Duties
- Assist IT staff in maintaining high productivity and efficiency in the department as needed.
- In times of natural disasters or high-profile outages, may be called upon with little to no notice to provide emergency assistance with IT duties.
- All Other duties as may be assigned.
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Always maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Virtualization Services (Hyper-V) in a high-availability environment.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Data Center and Server operating system(s)
- Working knowledge of Customer Service and Support
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Active Directory (AD) / Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AAD)
- Working knowledge of Remote Monitoring and Management systems similar to ManageEngine Products including DesktopCentral, ServiceDesk+ and ADManager.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 User and Group Administration including SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams and Planner.
- Basic understanding of Cybersecurity best practices.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Windows Active Directory (AD) / Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Microsoft AD Federation Services.
- Advanced understanding of ManageEngine Products including DesktopCentral, ServiceDesk+ and ADManager.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft SharePoint365 administration
- Basic understanding of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and query language.
- Working knowledge of Apache TomCat
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012-2019 Management and Maintenance
- Working knowledge of Linux Operating Systems (CentOS v7/RHEL v7+/Ubuntu)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server / MySQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related IT discipline from an accredited four (4) year program with not less than four (4) years of experience is required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related IT discipline or an MBA from an accredited graduate program is preferred.
- A comparable amount of education and experience may be substituted for a degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a leadership role in IT for Master’s Degree holders or four
- (4) years of experience working in a leadership role in IT for Bachelor’s Degree holders.
- Strong knowledge of basic IT concepts and systems is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot common IT issues is required.
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity best practices is required.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA regulations, procedures and protocols as relates to IT Systems is desired.
- Ability to create technical documentation and / or instructions is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Active Directory is required.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in various other aspects of IT including one or more of the following function areas: Unix Server Maintenance, Networking, access control systems, voice over IP, Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software support, coding (in one or more of the following languages: java, php, c++, c# or visual
- basic), Software Development, IT Project Management, Agile and SCRUM frameworks.
License and/or Certification
- Valid Florida Driver license and proof of insurance is required
- Hardware Support certifications is desirable
- Program Certifications is desirable