Director of Human Resources
Provides strategic HR and talent support to designated leaders and employees at MD Now facilities, creating the desired workplace culture and an engaged and productive workforce through HCA Healthcare’s policies, programs, and practices.
This role serves as a senior member of the HR team and may be asked to take on more strategic activities with the senior team at the facility. Reporting to the Facility (or LOB Regional) VP of HR and utilizing processes and tools from HCA Healthcare HR Centers of Excellence and HR Service Centers, this position will provide direct local support for: implementation of programs, employee relations and engagement, including diversity initiatives. Supervises other team members and oversees the front office operation ensuring the implementation of daily activities efficiently and effectively
Director of Human Resources Responsibilities
Strategic Partnering Responsibilities
- Collaborates with leaders to help shape and execute the business strategy; Partners with COEs to design and deliver HR practices to accomplish strategy
- Ensure employees and leaders have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet current and future business needs, aligned to customer expectations
- Engage leaders to understand talent needs and implement talent assessment processes Proactively obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis
- Partners with line managers to identify and create organization capabilities such as collaboration, culture/shared mindset, accountability, and efficiency.
- Develops and executes a workforce strategy, diagnoses, and solves workforce issues
Culture Champion Responsibilities:
- Interpret and drive departmental employee engagement action planning to improve organization culture
- Measures employee morale and satisfaction; leads efforts to improve the employee experience
- Counsel on situational issues, resolve conflicts. Supports employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations
- Advise on performance counseling and discipline
- Promote and foster healthy work environment; ensures a culture of inclusion and accountability
- Facilitates change; helps the organization prepare for its next stage of growth or evolution. Coordinate and facilitate employee activity groups
- Direct Supervisor for other team members; designated as Dept. lead in the absence of the VP oversees the front office operation ensuring the implementation of daily activities efficiently and effectively
- Monitors labor utilization and partners with leaders to maximize effectiveness and efficiency
- Identifies metrics to be tracked implements process to interpret progress.
- Supports program implementation (i.e.; HR Group, Employee, Culture, Performance, Quality and Patient Care) measures outcomes, raises program awareness
- Strategize with leaders on the strategy and implementation of development and Talent Acquisition programs. Deploy development programs, performance management/appraisal program, Talent Acquisition tools
- Assist with the development and delivery of local onboarding and facility orientation
- Partners to uphold all compliance standards and programs and performs activities as assigned (i.e., workers’ comp intake processing, applicable employee leave of absence/return to work administration)
- Collaborates with COEs to ensure programs delivered provide high level of service
- Plans for and participates in emergency and disaster situations
Performs other duties as assigned.
Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
Director of Human Resources Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Behaviors
- Service and Quality Excellence: Ability to demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to delivering exceptional care to create an unmatched value proposition for our patients.
- Honor our Mission and Values: Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect.
- Effective Decision Making: Ability to make timely, informed decisions that are in the best interest of our patients, employees, providers, community, MD Now and HCA.
- Attain and Leverage Strategic Relationships: Ability to develop and strengthen collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to advance the care of our patients and the growth of MD Now and HCA.
- Lead and Develop Others: Ability to lead others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives; provide meaningful coaching and mentoring to increase the capabilities of individuals and teams and drive employee engagement.
- Communicate with Impact: Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
- Achieve Success through Change: Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, remove barriers and resistance, and enable desired behaviors.
- Drive Execution and Financial Results: Ability to commit to the success and financial wellbeing of HCA by challenging others to excel and hold themselves and others accountable for achieving results.
- Strategic Positioner: Ability to position a business to win in its market.
- Credible Activist: Ability to build relationships of trust by having a proactive point of view.
- Paradox Navigator: Ability to manage tensions inherent in businesses (e.g., be both long and short term, be both top down and bottom up.)
- Culture and Change Champion: Ability to make change happen and manage organizational culture.
- Human Capital Curator: Ability to manage the flow of talent by developing Employees and leaders, driving individual performance, and building technical talent.
- Total Reward Steward: Ability to manage employee wellbeing through financial and nonfinancial rewards.
- Technology and Media Integrator: Ability to use technology and social media to drive/create high performing organizations.
- Analytics Designer and Interpreter: Ability to use analytics to improve decision making.
- Compliance Manger: Able to manage the processes related to compliance by following regulatory guidelines.
Director of Human Resources Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant work
- 3+ years in HR generalist / HRBP role
- Or equivalent combination of education and / or experience