Under the direct supervision of the Billing Manager, this position is responsible for collecting, posting, and maintaining accounts payments. Submits claims and follows up with patients and insurance companies. Claim Denial Management. You will provide excellent customer service and support to patients, business partners and/or public in general.
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Reviews claims and encounters for all pertinent information: patient information, insurance information, service descriptors, diagnosis, and procedure coding.
- Post accurately with the necessary requisites for a payment, allowable, coinsurance, copay, deductible amounts and contractual adjustments.
- Identify underpayments and over adjustments to ensure accurate collections.
- Prepares and submits electronic/paper claims to insurance companies.
- Serves as a liaison for all correspondence and queries pertaining to billing issues.
- Answers phone and treat patients and all callers in a polite, friendly, prompt, and helpful manner.
- Continues routine follow-up of claims submitted to monitor payment status.
- Process payments from insurance companies and patients.
- Reviews and processes medical record requests from all entities in keeping with MD Now Policy and to the letter of the law.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations. Always assures patients confidentiality.
- Performs other job-related activities as they are needed to achieve the purpose of the job.
- Analyzes and ensure the accuracy of information in the billing system.
- Understanding insurance policy eligibility and benefits.
- Experience in medical billing and coding.
- Understanding of the Revenue Management process from beginning to end of cycle.
- Experience working in a customer service environment and/or medical office setting is highly desirable.
- Computer Literate: Excel, Word and Outlook are desirable. E-Clinical Works knowledge is helpful.
License and/or Certifications:
- Certified Professional Coder/Certified Professional Biller. Preferred but not required.
About MD Now Urgent Care
MD Now Urgent Care is Florida’s largest urgent care operator with 60 state-of-the-art clinics conveniently located across Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, Indian River, Lee and Manatee Counties. MD Now Urgent Care’s physician-led team of healthcare professionals provide superior healthcare through a comprehensive lineup of urgent care, preventative healthcare, and occupational health services seven days a week, 365 days a year. MD Now Urgent Care is proud to be affiliated with HCA Florida Healthcare. For more information, visit www.MDNOW.com.
Pay: From $18.00 per hour