Area Manager – Margate, FL 2273963
Back to All Jobs
Why You’ll Love This Job
MD Now Urgent Care, Florida’s largest urgent care group, is looking for an Area Manager to lead and oversee all aspects of clinic operations within a defined geography. If you enjoy motivating and optimizing people & processes while striving for operational success, then this may be the role for you!
The Area Manager is responsible for leading, organizing, and executing regional clinic operations in order to provide quality patient care and financial profitability. This position focuses on growing, strengthening and providing guidance and leadership while promoting the values and mission statement of MD Now. This position ensures all MD Now Urgent Care (“MD Now”) workflow processes are executed consistently and proficiently by all staff members daily to maintain a quality patient experience. This position identifies developmental needs of clinic staff and provides coaching and training to foster personal growth opportunities.
This position will oversee multiple clinics in Broward County.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Regional Director of Operations, the Area Manager oversees clinic operations in assigned area clinics to ensure smooth and efficient execution of MD Now processes
- Communicates job expectations to Administrative Leads and Clinical Leads of assigned clinics and conducts individual and group coaching and training interventions for new and tenured clinic employees
- Monitors performance and efficiency of assigned clinics and alerts Regional Director of Operations and/or appropriate departments on any challenges interfering with patient care or processes
- Ensures assigned clinics are following MD Now workflow processes in day to day clinic operations by daily and weekly site visits and daily EMR reviews
- Reviews and assists clinics in understanding and maintaining clinic budgets to regulate spending, payroll processes, and other clinic expenses
- Ensures assigned clinics are stocked with necessary supplies and all equipment is working and properly maintained
- Reviews and follows clinic staffing divisions and assists clinic management in development of schedules and understanding of staffing needs
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of assigned clinic operations through regular reviews of key performance metrics
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization working effectively as a team member with other members of management and the clinic staff
- Communicates with clinic management, appropriate departments, or vendors to maintain physical integrity of assigned clinic facilities
- Attends and participates in all scheduled meetings and events as directed
- Submits orders for necessary supplies, maintenance and IT tickets, and completes end of month reports related to financial reconciliation
- Maintains communication with the Regional Director of Operations to report on staff and clinic performance and any operational challenges, if applicable
- Assists clinic staff in registering and discharging patients, including insurance verification, payment collection, and scheduling follow-up visits
- Follows appropriate processes when disciplinary action is necessary for employee-related issues
- Travel required throughout clinics
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business management, or related field
- At least 3-5 years of prior management experience, particularly in the healthcare industry
- At least 5 years of experience and expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Teams, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability of utilizing and executing administrative systems and processes consistently and proficiently to contribute to operational success
- Excellent communication skills with all levels and amongst team leaders
- Traveling required throughout all clinic locations within assigned Area. Additional travel across multiple areas may occur as necessary
- Certification from an accredited clinical-based program (e.g., certified medical assistant, radiologic technologist, basic x-ray machine operator, or paramedic) is strongly preferred
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business management, or related field
- Prior experience with eClinicalWorks electronic medical records (EMR) system
License and/or Certifications:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Current BLS/CPR certification
Please acknowledge that this is not an appointment.
Online check-ins are a great way to let us know you are on your way. We will do our best to see you at your check in time, but patients with more emergent needs will require immediate treatment.