Advanced Practice Provider – Part-Time – Fort Lauderdale, FL 2097986
Back to All Jobs
Why You’ll Love This Job
Under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Advanced Practice Provider will provide quality healthcare alongside our Physicians and medical team to ensure quality oriented and cost-effective emergency and primary clinical care to our patients. Exercises considerable independent judgment, recognizing and responding promptly to emergencies. Provides excellent customer service ensuring patients treatments run smoothly, efficiently, and painless as possible for them.
Advanced Practice Provider Responsibilities
- Arrive each day prepared to work at your appointed time.
- Responsible for working together with MD Now staff to ensure quality oriented and cost-effective clinical standards are maintained in the clinic. This also includes receiving feedback from the CMO on clinical performance and quality treatment issues.
- Provides appropriate, efficient and effective clinical medical care required for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of human disease and injury.
- Reviews E-Clinicals (EMR) patient’s records to get patients medical history. Documents the patient’s visit including medical history, physical exam, diagnoses, and plan of action.
- Assess, diagnoses and treats patients for a wide range of conditions, from sinus and respiratory infections to wounds and broken bones.
- Orders or administers tests, x-rays, electrocardiogram and other diagnostic procedures, accordingly to the nature of the patient’s illness or urgent needs.
- Analyzes reports and findings of test and examinations, and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Determines and prescribes medication, dosage, and schedule given the patient’s condition and allergies. Respond to requests and inquiries from patients in person and over the telephone, as needed.
- Conducts physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage, among other physicals.
- Will actively participate in the enhancement of patient satisfaction advising them on how to improve their health condition and encouraging them for a follow up visit.
- Refers patients with more serious conditions to specialists or other healthcare facilities for more intensive care.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality and impartiality and is responsible for maintaining and respecting the confidentiality of patients adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations at all times. Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential patient issues and situations.
- Supports the vision and philosophy of MD Now by compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Keeps up to date with medical developments, and new drugs treatments and medications.
- Be prepared to leave at the end of the day only after patient care is completed.
- Remains current with company emails.
Advanced Practice Provider Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program.
- Experience in Urgent Care is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements applicable to their role is necessary.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office, E Clinical or other Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system and the internet.
- Current Florida PA/NP license, DEA.
- BLS Healthcare Provider Required.
- Current CPR certification.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Certification is highly desirable or willing to obtain it upon hired.
Your Safety is Our Priority
At MD Now Urgent Care, employee safety during the pandemic is a top priority. In addition to our standard infection control protocols, we are:
- Limiting waiting room access
- Enforcing the use of masks
- Performing continuous sanitization of clinics
- Providing staff with PPE
Please acknowledge that this is not an appointment.
Online check-ins are a great way to let us know you are on your way. We will do our best to see you at your check in time, but patients with more emergent needs will require immediate treatment.